Here's something I've noticed about the iPod/iPad user experience… my media is scattered all over the place!
- iTunes - buy songs
- iPod - play music, videos (movies and TV shows), audiobooks, podcasts
- Videos - play TV shows and movies
- App Store - buy apps
- Home screen - run apps
- Photos - view images and play movies
- Camera - take and view images and videos
- MobileMe - view photos from the web
- iBooks - buy and read books
That's a lot of places to go to get to my media. What's more, sometimes the store for a kind of media is a feature of its related player (iBooks), and sometimes its a product in and of itself (iTunes/iPod, AppStore/Home). I think that lack of consistency is a problem that will only get worse.