Overall, I think the iPad is great, and I've already got a list of features I want to see soon…
- iPod and Airport Express - would love to play songs directly from my iPad over my home stereo, without having to plug in a wire.
- Users and/or guest accounts - want to be able to hand my iPad to my kids, spouse, or friends who are visiting, and not worry about them playing my games (in progress), sending emails or tweeting from my account, or buying things with my credit card.
- iMagazine - not sure any of the periodicals have the use case right for iPad… what I want is to subscribe, and have new content delivered automatically, all of which speaks to a background process. What I don't want is each periodical with its own background process. Podcast content has the same issues.
- Springboard 2.0 - As it is, the home screen only scales to a few pages of apps, and as with the iPhone, doesn't scale well to hundreds of apps. This is further compounded on iPad because sometimes all I want to see are iPad-specific apps… personally, I want to tag all my apps and then pivot on those tags.
- Family iPhoto Cloud - my wife and I both take pictures, and store them on different computers… how can my iPad pull all those photos in, complete with tags, faces, event info, etc?